- Abstract Submission
Please note: we can only accept one presentation per person.
Email notification of contributed presentation acceptance will be provided no later than August 10, 2015. Abstracts from invited speakers will be accepted automatically. The abstract template is available here: CCESE abstract_template
- Submit your abstract as an email attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line Abstract Submission and your last name, e.g. “Abstract Submission Smith.”
- Please underline the name of the presenting author.
- Please limit abstracts to a single page.
- Select Invited, Oral or Poster presentation preferred as prompted in the template.
- Indicate preferred workshop where prompted from the options in the list of workshops.
- Abstracts with figures are encouraged.
- Abstracts may be submitted ONLY as Microsoft Word files. Please name your file according to the following convention prior to submission: FirstName_LastName_Abstract.doc (e.g. John_Smith_Abstract.doc).
Author preferences will be taken into account, however the final decision on presentation format and session will be made by the Committee and indicated in the acceptance email.
- Presentation Format
Abstracts accepted for the CCESE will be presented either orally or as a poster.Oral Presentations:
- Contributed talks: Authors of contributed talks will be allotted 12 minutes to present their results, followed by a 3 minute discussion period.
- Invited talks: Authors of invited talks will be allotted 20 minutes to present their results, followed by a 5 minute discussion period.
- An LCD projector, laptop computer (Windows), laser pointer, and lapel microphone (if necessary) will be provided in each room.
- Presenters may use their own laptop computer or bring a copy of their presentation on a USB drive and use the provided computer.
- Projectors are equipped with standard VGA connection ports. Mac users should bring their own adapter cord.
- Available surface area is 90 cm x 140 cm.
- Push pins for attaching the poster to the board will be provided.
- Poster presenters will be directed to the designated board at the start of the poster session.
- Author must be present to provide details and answer questions during the selected poster session times.
Contributing authors should indicate their preference for oral or poster presentations in the box provided on the abstract submission template. Abstracts from invited authors will automatically be accepted as an oral presentation. In the acceptance e-mail, authors will be notified of the format for their presentation.
- Local View
- Invited Speakers
- Architectural, Coastal, Geotechnical, Infrastructure, and Materials Engineering
- Civil and Earth Resources Engineering
- Disaster Mitigation and Management
- Earthquake Prediction and Forecast
- Energy and Environmental Science
- Engineering Seismology
- Geology, Remote Sensing and GIS
- Geophysics Exploration Technology of Deep Geological Structure and Earthquake
- Geotechnical Earthquake Engineering
- Monitoring and Early Warning Systems
- Risk-informed Earthquake Engineering
- Seismic Hazards and Land Use Planning
- Seismic Hazards and the Natural Others
- Seismic Vulnerability Studies of Structures and Infrastructures
- Structural Engineering
- Information For Contributors